Monday, May 18, 2009

Pics of Lowell

This past weekend was the "Doors Open Lowell" event, which affords people the luxury of exploring numerous buildings that are not always casually opened to the public. This year, I only actually went into one of the buildings, but in years past, I have enjoyed a more full day of exploration. Saturday was perfect for walking around - it was warm and sunny, if not a bit breezy.

The building I did go into was St. Anne's Church, which I chose because I wanted to try and get some photos of some of their stained glass windows. Here are a few shots:










There were many more, but those are a few of the highlights. I was glad it was sunny out, as the windows look so much better with glowing sunlight coming through them.

After looking at the church, it was a perfect day for a walk down by the river. We came across an odd sight; a "start" and "finish" line combo that looked... extremely GRUELING. I mean, that has to be at LEAST 1/10TH OF A MILE THERE!!! Those race coordinators are ANIMALS!




Here are some other shots of stuff.





Next up are some photos from a fascinating statue-y thingy I pass on my walks sometimes. I didn't actually take a picture of the entire thing this go around, just some closeups of the carvings.





Some of the carving sections are quite small - here is a shot with my finger for comparison:


And finally, an arty up-shot:


All in all, it was a very nice day. Coming up, a long weekend with no plans yet...

No comments: