Friday, July 03, 2009

The Sun!!!

It almost feels like a miracle that the sun is shining. I quickly took advantage of it to take some pictures of a few projects I have finished up in the semi-recent past.

First up is the Counterpane Carpetbag, which I actually knitted eons ago, but never got around to sewing it up. I really like how it turned out. I did end up lining it, because I can just imagine stuff inside wriggling its way out through the knitted holes!


Next up, the 4 Corners Dishcloth. You knit one quadrant at a time, and then seam it up using a garter stitch graft, which I had never done before. Slightly different from kitchener stitch.



Next, the Chinese Waves dishcloth. Slipped stitches help to create a nice, waffly texture.


The Varanasi Socks are up next. It's a free pattern... actually, most of them are free, except for the Counterpane Carpet Bag pattern. Not too many people on Ravelry seem to have made the Varanasi socks yet, but I really liked the pattern. I enjoyed that the socks are different in the front and the back. There is a little ribbing up the back of the leg, kind of like a spine.


And finally, the one I'm probably the most excited about, the Easy Ripple Afghan! It's crocheted, and I don't crochet all that often. However, I am quite pleased with how it came out. I like the colors I picked, and the chevron pattern is easy to memorize. Don't you just love it?


That's all for now, folks... I have to go get ready for the weekend!

No comments: