Thursday, September 24, 2009

Keepin' the Streak Alive

Yep, another blog post... but don't get used to it or anything!

I also whipped up a cozy scarf recently, using the glorious Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica yarn. I did the "My So Called Scarf" pattern, which features a herringbone stitch. I am certainly not the first to pair this pattern with this yarn (even in the same colorway); it is a great pairing, in my opinion.


Here's a closeup shot of the stitch pattern. It really requires a jump in needle size, so if you strike out on your own and make this with a yarn other than what is called for, be sure to use a needle larger than is noted on the ball band.


On the topic of weather and the seasons, I have been happily enjoying this unseasonably warm weather! However, I was quite dismayed to note how much earlier the sun is setting now... before you know it, (less than 2 months from now, I suppose) the sun will be down before 5 PM, which I just hate so much! I suppose it's good news that it's Christmas then, as well - always a fun and welcome part of the year!

2 comments:

tnt said...

I like the scarf, and now know what I can do with some of my manos. Thanks

knittingknirvana said...

Your finishing streak is amazing!!! :)