Sunday, December 27, 2009


Adorable Hat!


I'm pretty sure that Max doesn't read my blog, and for that matter, I'm fairly certain my brother doesn't, either, so I think I'm safe in posting this - I just couldn't wait! Of course, I'll post more photos once I actually get the hat onto Max's wee head, don't worry.


Isn't it cute? I hope he enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

I basically followed the Viking Hat pattern by Becky Veverka, with a few changes: I had a different gauge, so I cast on fewer stitches, and also rewrote the pattern for the horns so that they were a bit smaller and so that they could be worked in the round... ANYTHING to avoid seaming!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

OMG that is adorable! I cannot wait to see pics of the hat on!

sukeyknits said...

Love the adjustments you made too! It's going to look so good on. Funny I'm the opposite - I'd rather seam than knit in the round. potatoe/potato

sukeyknits said...

oh and i started doodling a "cat house" with a very small opening for walter and a sliding door so I can get the plate of food in. i might try to enlist aaron down the road to help me build it. see, your ideas aren't completely unreasonable.