Monday, January 11, 2010

Fresh Bread

Next up on the list, making my own bread. I used a recipe for whole wheat bread from the book, "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day". I got the book from the library, to see whether the idea of pre-making the dough and storing it in the fridge for future use would be of any use to me. The actually turned out fairly well, but I think I will need to do some tweaking in the future in order to come up with a bread that will be good for sandwiches and such. A big bonus was that the bread was no-knead, which made it pretty low maintenance. I think I will wait and take a look at "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day", which features more breads with a higher percentage of whole grain flour used in the recipes, which is more my speed.

So, things are already looking up - making my own bread and croutons. The toilet is looking like it's ready for a cleaning with some home made cleaner, so maybe I'll have something new to report soon.

Also, I've been sick with a disgusting cold, so have been low in motivation... I have a bunch of pictures to upload of my nephew from Christmas - I WILL get to them eventually, I promise!

2 comments:

sukeyknits said...

Mmmmm - fresh warm bread with butter and honey - my fav!

You might have even inspired me to make bread this coming weekend. I grew up on homemade bread but it's gotten so easy to just buy good bread - well at least in this area.

Lynne said...

I love that book! Now I need make some so I can have that fresh baked smell and eat yummy warm bread and butter!