Sunday, March 28, 2010

But I deserve to be Comfortable NOW!!!

For a few years now, I have wanted to buy a new mattress. My current one is getting painfully close to being 2 decades old. It is also very firm, which is great for stomach sleeping, but I tend to clench my teeth more when I'm on my stomach, blah blah blah. I will stop myself before telling a boring story.

I have hesitated in buying a new mattress, though, because my current platform bed is Queen sized, and I keep telling myself that if I meet someone and want to live with/ marry this fellow, I will want a KING sized bed... let's face it, I am a King sized gal, and will quite possibly end up with a King sized dude!

But you know what? Rather than waiting for this fictional character to enter my life, I do believe I deserve to be nice and comfy RIGHT ABOUT...... NOWWWW! Plus, in my fictionally glorious home with my fictional husband, we will naturally have a guest room which will require a queen mattress, yes?

My pal Heather got me thinking more about this when we were looking around Jordan's Furniture after an IMAX movie a couple of weeks ago, so this past Friday after work, I drove to Jordan's, spent about an hour narrowing it down to two choices, then going from one to the other about 15 times, and then buying a Simmons with a super smooshy pillow top. I am thrilled! It will be delivered on Good Friday, and I just can't wait!

Huzzah for refusing to wait to be comfy!

1 comment:

sukeyknits said...

Amen to that! I agree that delayed gratification is good and all that, but no reason to hold off on something for an unknown period. And if you buy the mattress (and put a pea under it) then the prince comes - or something like that.