Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Elusive Sleep

It's been a week, and I have been in bed at 10 PM or earlier every night, including the weekends. However, even when I drop off to sleep right away (which always the case), I never EVER stay asleep all night. Not even once. I wake up to use the bathroom, and about 50% of the time, I stay awake for 2-3 hours. So, it seems that if I go to bed at 11 or 12, I have a chance of staying asleep all night, since I can make it 6 hours without peeing, evidently. OR, I can go to bed earlier, and be guaranteed to have to wake up, and STILL only get 6 hours of sleep.

And yes, I am limiting liquid intake - nothing to drink after dinner.

I am not lying awake worrying about anything; not even worrying about not being asleep. Just. Lying. There.

I'm not giving up yet, though... it's only been a week, and who knows... maybe it takes longer than a week for a person to adjust to an earlier bed time? A girl can hope.

No comments: