Thursday, March 01, 2012

In Like a Lion

It's the end of another month, so it's time for installment #3 of my 12 in 2012.

This month, things are getting serious, people! I have decided to address the issue of my growing waistline and my lack of exercise. 2011 was not a very exercisey year for me. Therefore, March will be the month of "Myfitnesspal.com". My Fitness Pal is a website that helps you track your meals and your exercise. You plug in some basic info about yourself, and it gives you daily calorie/ exercise recommendations, and away you go! What makes it better than some of the other sites that I've visited is that it actually HAS the various foods that I eat. A bunch of the other sites didn't have quinoa, steel cut oats, chia seeds, psyllium husks, among other weird things that I sometimes eat. If a program didn't have steel cut oats, then I had failed being able to track my food starting with breakfast!

Also, this site is free. always a bonus.

March Goal:
1. Track food and exercise on My Fitness Pal every day during the month of March.
2. Assess utility of this plan at the end of the month and decide whether or not to continue.

And so, away we go!

If anyone else is on My Fitness Pal and wants to be my 'friend', my screen name is "amandammmq".

No comments: