Things that have been Bothering Me
Okay, admittedly, these things are not unusually important in the grand scheme of things. But still, they warrant a moment of my time every once in a while.
Item one: Horsepower. I find this to be a stupid concept. I don't care how many horses it would take to win a tug of war against my car... that is the closest comparison I can think of, and it is LAME! Can we please come up with something better? PLEASE?
Item two: I hate that time is divided so awkwardly. I mean, if you run 5 miles in 43 minutes, you can't simply divide 43 by five and come up with your pace... you must do a little fancy footwork to get things right. I hate that!
Item three: Not using the metric system. Yeah, it would take all of us a little time to get used to, but it would make more sense. Let's face it: most of us are NOT smart enough to remember how many pints there are in a quart or a gallon, or how many tablespoons there are in a cup, or whatever.
But really, the one that bothered me the most today was the horsepower thing. I mean, what a dumb concept. Really, now. (insert disapproving glower here) (does anyone ever use the word 'glower' any more? did they ever?)
I am also possibly annoyed that there is not a secret ice cream machine compartment in my house... you know, like behind a hidden panel that I never knew was there, until the day I went to go hang a painting and boink! it just popped open... That would be awesome.
Friday, June 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well, a fax machine does not transmit the actual item; it transmits a facsimile. i do NOT like the idea of my facsimile blundering around out there... VERY dangerous!
Metric seems more egalitarian than using some king's foot measurement. I'm all for the change, but I guess that is what keeps us American - stubbornly using something that doesn't work well.
Post a Comment