Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brr, and no knitting pics!

We are having record cold weather - it hasn't been this cold in five years, as a matter of fact! When the temperature dips below a certain temperature, I can feel the cold radiating in from the windows... and it wakes me up at night. Last night, I rolled over to face the window, and the cold woke me up. Fortunately, I had the wherewithal to roll over and face the other direction!

Now, I am not complaining about the cold - I have a warm place to live, loads of cozy sweaters, and don't work outside. It's definitely freezly out there, but I'll survive.

So, yeah, no knitting pics now, or possibly for a little while... I have found another source of a little extra income, doing some test knitting for pattern writers. I am rather sure that I am not allowed to photograph and show off the patterns prior to publishing, so no pictures - sorry people! I'll just have to come up with other things to photograph.

In the meantime, stay warm, people... it is currently 8 F here... and will be -1 F when I have to WALK to a meeting tomorrow morning, 45 minutes after sunrise. triple brr! I will be wearing long underwear, to be sure. And warm jeans. And wool socks, mittens, sweater, scarf, hat, multiple shirts, down parka, and possibly a kooky giant shawl over the whole ensemble. If so, there will also be large sunglasses to hide my face, so as to hide my identity. Crazy wool lady, that is me. Yeehaw!

No comments: