Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Have Returned

Well, I'm back from my trip to Eastern Europe, and am ready to talk a bit about it, and possibly even post a photo or two. To get the knitting news out of the way, I decided upon Baudelaire from Knitty, in a nice blue, but will take a pic when sock #1 is done. That's right- I couldn't bear packing less than enough yarn for 3 pairs of socks, but didn't even manage to complete a single sock! Funny how that happens.

Anyway, I traveled with my sister, which was good. The weather was pretty lousy- we had exactly 3 sunny days in two weeks, which is unseasonably lame. We went to the Czech Republic and Hungary. Here are a few photos, starting with the old town square in Prague:


Next is a shot of the Prague and the famous Charles Bridge from Prague Castle- there was a castle in every town we went to, actually:
Here I am, being silly with some public art around the corner from Wenceslas Square. I tried to get Liz to pose, but she haughtily declined, and was very grouchy about having to take such a silly picture:
Can you believe they have these cows all over the world? I had seen them in Boston, but now have seen them in Prague and Budapest, too. Cool:
After Prague, we went to Cesky Krumlov, a picturesque little town encircled by a winding river. There was a castle there, too, and here is a picture shot from the castle- ain't it purty?
And again with the purdiness, a shot from the hostel we stayed at:

And in Budapest, a pic of the outside of one of the Turkish baths that we went to... now, THAT was a relaxing day!

And, finally, the Parliament building in Budapest, on the third of three sunny days.
It was a lovely trip, full of goulash, sauerkraut and dumplings. Oh, yes, and some beer. Some cheap beer.
I'm glad I went, but I definitely started to miss some of the creature comforts of home! I missed you all... all three of you...

2 comments:

Cece said...

The 3 of us missed you!

What? No pictures of the craptastic sweater?

Any big plans for the weekend? Bernie is visiting... god save me.

sukeyknits said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time galavanting around europe - gorgeous pictures.