Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coraline

I went and saw the movie Coraline last night with my friend Marianne. If you haven't heard about it, it is a stop-motion, 3-D film, and is visually glorious to watch! I really enjoyed it, and am so glad I made the time to go and see it.

After I got home, I wasn't feeling all that great, so I went to bed at 9. I never do that, but I tell you what - I was super happy about that decision once the alarm went off this morning. I wouldn't QUITE use the phrase, "fresh as a daisy", but I still felt a whole lot better than I had when I went to sleep.

I'm getting pretty excited for tomorrow. Right after work, I will be heading up to Maine with Marianne and Nancy to "SPA", which has been referred to as the "knitting jamboree" by a certain non-knitting friend of mine. It's an apt enough name, to be sure! For the first time in a while, I have knitting FOR MYSELF planned, so there will actually be pictures to share, once the weekend is over. SPA is a gathering of many knitters, with no real game plan other than to hang out and knit and buy yarn and ogle each other's projects and go out to eat and shop in Freeport and whatever else... I have picked out a few projects to work on, most of which are small and fairly simple and will be easy enough to work on while chatting with other people.

Speaking of knitting, it might seem like I haven't done much of it in 2009... but I have actually completed 7 2/3 projects since the new year, just all for pay! There has been a sweater dress, a ribbed vest, a lace cardigan, a pair of sleeves, a bamboo pullover, panels for a knitted bag, a pea coat, and a halfway finished hat. They have all been cool patterns to work on, and I keep looking forward to the next project. What will those designers come up with next! One of the odd things is that I am always knitting up a size "small", meaning I never get to really see what the items would look like on me (well maybe the hat), since I am certainly not a small individual. And, barring some sort of wasting disease, I will never be a size small in the future! It sure is nice to knit such small garments, though... it goes a bit faster!

Anyway... I am debating whether or not to take my laptop up to SPA so I can post pics as the weekend goes along. I will certainly bring the camera!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I can't wait either! I'm going to try to cut out of work early so I can get on the road before rush hour.

CYA there!